We love working with like minded people.
You don't need a huge following on social media to approach us, but you do need to treat it like a business transaction so we need information in order to be able to make a decision.
We get approached every day by PR agencies and individuals and it is rare that we actually get a proper communication that is well thought through. And it's insulting.
We are a small successful business. We work hard, we make money, we spend money. We expect respect. You do too. You value your brand otherwise you would not be looking to work with us.
We're continually disappointed with the lack of thought applied when people contact us. So here are some helpful tips to consider when you want to reach out and make a pitch to us.
- Tell us about yourself and your pets.
- Describe your audience that you appeal to.
- Give us the facts e.g no of followers, engagement rate, post reach.
- Detail how your campaign is going to work: who, what, where, when, how. This is really important.
- Explain why this campaign is beneficial to Ruffle Snuffle. ie what success looks like is it sales, brand awareness etc.
- Supply examples of how you've handled a campaign before and the results. This is a business deal. You value your brand and audience, we value our brand and products. We want results.
- Ask us for a freebie on Instagram or Messenger. Just no.
- Send us a CV or media pack with 'see attached' as the message. Er... a cover letter? or is the art of writing dead now. I think not.
- Copy and paste a blanket email just inserting our name or product is not going to cut it. Lazy, lazy, lazy.
Help with pitching
Just saying you're going to post on Instagram with a tag is not an 'influencer campaign' . There's a lot more to it than that.
What do Ruffle Snuffle expect to get out of this collaboration? Be specific. Clear objectives and what success looks like. e.g. no of competition entries, likes, conversations, sign ups, sales whatever it is, state it.
We want to know the timing of the campaign. How long will it run for? When are you going to post pics and publish information? And not 9am in the morning because it's convenient. A time when you will get engagement. Because that's what we want.
3. Image & Video
What photos will you take and use? e.g you and your dog, the dog using the product, an unboxing? Outside, inside, selfies, funny. We love IG Stories and TikTok. Show us some samples. Explain what's good about it. Take good photos - there is no excuse now we all have fab cameras in our pockets. Make sure our brand is clearly seen.
IG, TikTok and blogs are our current favourites, but tell us which platforms and why this campaign is going to deliver.
Don't forget the hashtags. Suggest the one's you'll use and we can add to them if necessary.
6. Tag us
Make sure you have our correct social media tags.
7. Spelling and grammar
Get the basics of the English language right please. If in doubt, you can use Grammarly for free in your browser. I do wonder what they teach you in school these days....
It takes effort on both parties for successful campaigns and collaborations. We like to work with people who are genuinely interested in what we do and stand for. People who share our posts, like our page and engage with us long before they make a pitch are our favourites.
When you're ready, email us at: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sarah & Dolly.