Cookies on our Website
We use Google Analytics to anonymously collect the number of visitors, pages viewed and trends on our website.
The data from all our visitors is reviewed to help us refine the user experience and make decisions about content and images we put on the website.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website, which includes your IP address, will be transmitted to and stored by Google.
We will not use the IP-addresses or the cookies to identify you personally.
Information Ruffle Snuffle Collects
To fulfil your order, you must provide Ruffle Snuffle with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order, or your pet’s name for example) when you order so that we can personalise items for you. If you created an account when you ordered you can manage your information directly on our website at www.rufflesnufflemats.com
Why we Need Your Information and How we Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Shopify. We share information with Shopify as necessary to provide you our services.
- Mailchimp. We share information with Mailchimp if you have agreed to marketing. You can unsubscribe at anytime from the link provided at the bottom of a marketing email.
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as Royal Mail. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge the business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with our services and as described in above. However, we may also be required to retain this information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. This time period in the UK is 6 years.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact us
For purposes of EU data protection law, Ruffle Snuffle are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com. Alternately, you may write to us at:
Ruffle Snuffle, The Officer’s Mess Business Centre, Royston Road, Duxford, Cambs CB22 4QH
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages. You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice to you of the changes.You agree that your continued use of our products or services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified policy.
Resources & further information